Located about 40 minutes by train from central Tokyo, Hachioji was the first area in Tokyo to be recognized as a Japan Heritage site. It is surrounded by rich nature, represented by Mt. Takao, which the Michelin Green Guide Japan awarded three stars.
It is also one of the nation's leading academic cities, with 21 universities and other scholarly institutions located in the city and approximately 95,000 students.
At the same time, it is an area with a high concentration of advanced industries with sophisticated technologies.
Although Hachioji is located in Tokyo, holding business events in this rich natural setting surrounded by greenery offers a new perspective of the city.
Information for MICE Planners
- Esforta Arena Hachioji (Japanese Web site)
- Accommodations in Hachioji City
- Mt. Takao and nearby tororo soba noodle shops
- Keio Plaza Hotel Hachioji (Japanese Web site)
- Facilities within Hachioji City